03 Mar Fact Friday – Use the Internet to promote your business
Online promotion is a necessity for almost any business these days. If you are a new business, or one with a low advertising budget, navigating the many options available to you can be daunting, especially when you are also concentrating on other day-to-day business needs. However, major search engines, social media, and advertising services have made it easy to promote your business online. In many cases, services are free or low-cost. Give your customers what they want by having a sound presence online.
Creating a Website
- Create a website. A visible online business presence requires having a website that users can visit for information. Luckily, you don’t have to be an experienced web developer to create a website for your business.
- Many services (such as WordPress and Wix) make it easy for you to set up a business website using simple, guided steps.
- Google has partnered with local business services through the Get Your Business Online (GYBO) program to help businesses create websites and promote themselves online in other ways.
- You can also work with a company (such as Go Daddy) to purchase a website domain name. Many of these company also offer services to help you build the website, or will create one for you. These services usually have a low monthly fee.
- Try to make your website’s domain name one that matches your business name, or, if that is not possible, one that describes what products or services it offers.
- Build content on your website. Once you’ve created a basic website, you should start filling it with useful information. Think about what potential customers would like to know about your business, and make sure that the information is easy to find. You can include:
- Hours of operation
- Contact information (telephone, email, etc.)
- Information about products and services that your business offers
- Descriptions of any special offers
- Your business logo, prominently featured
- The history of your business
- Testimonies or reviews from past clients/customers
- Share your URL. You want every customer to be able to find your website easily. While search engines can make this possible, you should also seize every opportunity to share your website’s address (URL). Print it on business cards, invoices, brochures, promotional materials, etc.
Pictures courtesy of www.wikihow.com