31 Mar FACT FRIDAY : YOU TUBE
What is YOUTUBE & 10 Facts you might not know about YOUTUBE
What is YouTube?
YouTube is an online public communications site. The site allows for registered users to upload and have available for the public their videos for viewing. Anyone who goes to the site can view the videos that are posted on this site. The videos are anything from beginner videos to more professional videos.
You can put just about anything you want on the YouTube site. You can also watch just about anything on YouTube. There are some great videos out there on YouTube that are very interesting and entertaining and will never be seen anywhere else.
Why should you use it?
Well this is easy. No matter what kind of video you want to watch or post, you can do it all on YouTube. There is a wide variety of different videos out there. There are learning videos, entertainment, comedy, action, music, marketing and much more.
If you have a business, YouTube is a great tool for getting your product out there, for little cost. This is also a great way to get to run ongoing information about new products or services to the same people and new people. If you are looking for cheap ways of advertising this is the way to go.
If you are creating music, this is the way to reach the public. You can put your video out there and at next to no cost. After the video is created, you can get it online and see what the public thinks about it. You will also be able to start a string of your music, so that when you put a new song out there, the people who are interested in your music can follow.
10 FUN FACTS about YOUTUBE
- Every minute, more than 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube.
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of all people on the Internet.
- The First YouTube Video was uploaded on April 23, 2005, featuring its co-founder Jawed Karim at the San Diego Zoo.
- YouTube was founded by 3 former employees of PayPal.
- Google bought YouTube for US$1.65 billion in stocks just 18 months after YouTube's creation.
- Music video 'Gangnam Style' was so popular, it broke YouTube's view counter, which had to be upgraded.
- You can navigate YouTube in more than 75 different languages, covering 95% of the Internet population.
- YouTube has a production space in Los Angeles that is free to use if you have 10,000 subscribers.
- The woman who rented her garage to Larry Page and Sergey Brin in 1998 when they were creating Google later became the CEO of YouTube .
- Anne Frank is on YouTube. She was captured on film while leaning out of her window to get a good look of a wedding.